Pleasant Grove Baptist Church Cemetery

Pleasant Grove Baptist Church was organized in 1859 and the Pleasant Grove School was located next to the church at this location on Pleasant Grove Church Road. In 1912 the church moved to its current location on Pleasant Grove Road.
This is an active church cemetery.
The oldest grave within the cemetery is that of Lambert Clayton Orr (1802-1882). He was the son of John Orr and Jane Clayton Orr whose graves are at the Old Beulah Baptist Church Cemetery. The wife of Lambert Clayton Orr was Ruth Osborne Orr (1795-1887) whose grave site is also within the cemetery.
The following families lived within this area of the Etowah community and have grave sites within this cemetery: Allison, Bell, Blythe, Cooper, Gray, Johnson, Kilpatrick, Orr, Thomas and others.
There are approximately 22 unmarked field stones or stones that are not legible within this cemetery.
Two men who served in the Confederate forces have graves within this cemetery. John L. Orr (1832-1912) was the son of Lambert Clayton Orr and Ruth Osborne Orr. He enlisted in the 62nd N.C. Infantry Regiment, Co. E, on 7-14-1862. He was captured 12-30-1862 at Carter’s Depot, Tenn., and exchanged 3-1-1863. He was listed as a deserter 6-30-1863. James L. Thomas (1842-1919) was the son of Robert Thomas, the first sheriff of Henderson County whose grave site is at the Thomas-Fletcher Cemetery, and Susan Reese Thomas. He enlisted in the 25th N.C. Infantry Regiment, Co. E, on 6-15-1861. He was discharged 10-25-1861 by reason of disability.